Scranton Pennsylvania Law Blog

Do I have to pay child support over the summer?

During the school year, children often live primarily with one parent. However, once summer break starts children may switch households completely, split their time evenly between mom and dad's house or spend extended vacations with one parent.

This change in custody arrangements can lead the parent who is paying child support to question whether they have to pay support over summer break. So, do child support payments continue during summer break? The answer, in short, is yes.