Facing A Criminal Charge?
At Mastri Law LLC, we are motivated to help people facing criminal charges in what can feel like a bewildering and overwhelming situation. An arrest presents a severe and unprecedented circumstance; it puts your liberty, your family, your reputation and your career in jeopardy.
We see you as an individual, and we will work closely with you to assist you. That enables us to help the court see you as an individual, not just a docket number to be processed. We work to prevent a single mistake or incidence of poor judgment to become the defining moment of your life. We to do everything possible to reduce the negative aspects of your arrest, minimize the long-term consequences and help you move forward to a brighter future.
A Vigorous Defense For Criminal Charges
Mastri Law LLC was founded by attorney Dominic Mastri, a former deputy public defender in Lackawanna County. This experience provides our firm with valuable insight into how the criminal justice system works. The cases our Scranton law office most often handles include:
- Accelerated rehabilitative disposition – We have had great success qualifying defendants for first-time offender programs, such as Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition (ARD) and Lackawanna County’s many treatment courts.
- Assault – We understand that in the heat of a moment, good people can take actions they later regret, especially when those actions result in an arrest. We may be able to use a variety of viable defenses to minimize the negative impact of your arrest.
- Bail reductions – If bail is offered in your case, it must be reasonable. After close consultation with you, and through independent investigation, we can bring the court’s attention to important details it may not have considered when setting a bail that was unreasonably high.
- DUI – A conviction for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs can result in jail time, steep fines, a suspended license and higher insurance premiums. We can challenge the case against you, including police procedures for traffic stops, roadside testing, grounds for arrest and forensic testing.
- Drug possession – We have secured many favorable outcomes fighting drug possession charges. Most drug possession cases never go to trial; they’re settled in plea negotiations that can lead to a dismissal of charges, reduction of charges, a reduction of sentence or entry into treatment programs for nonviolent offenders, or the prosecution declining to prosecute. We explore every possible option to deliver positive results.
- Expungement of a criminal record – We help you get a clean slate by sealing and expunging arrest records, so your arrest will no longer jeopardize your education or career pursuits.
- Juvenile cases – When your child has a brush with the law, you want the best possible representation. That means more than just knowledge and experience; you want someone who cares enough to work passionately to deliver the best possible outcome.
- Parole and probation violations – We have had success at Gagnon hearings when we have been able to introduce pertinent facts the court had not previously considered. You can trust us to do the in-depth investigation necessary to rebut allegations that you violated the terms of your parole or probation.
- Traffic violations – Citations negatively affect your driving record, put you in jeopardy of a suspension and drive up the costs of your insurance premiums. If you have a CDL or commercial driver’s license, even the most minor traffic offense can affect your livelihood. We can help you fight various types of tickets for speeding, careless driving, driving without a license, driving without insurance, etc., and we can capably manage summary appeals.
When you call Mastri Law LLC for your legal issues, you get an experienced trial lawyer who is determined to fight for your rights.
Contact Us Today!
If you or a loved one has been arrested in northeastern Pennsylvania, don’t delay. The sooner we represent you, the sooner we can work to protect your rights and interests. To schedule a free initial consultation, just call 570-343-1111 or send us an email. Our office is in Scranton in the historic Scranton Life Building.