Experienced Scranton Attorney Provides Effective Family Law Counsel
Most of us prefer to keep our private lives private. So, when a family problem becomes a legal issue, the staff at Mastri Law guides the process to protect your rights and your dignity. At Mastri Law LLC, we treat clients as individuals worthy of respect, giving them personal attention, and taking a hands-on approach to solving their problems.
In family law cases, you can count on us to listen to you and learn as much as we can about your circumstances before recommending any legal steps. Then we will fully inform you about the law and your options. We will help you focus on pragmatic goals for the legal process and then pursue them vigorously. We will work together to deliver the best results possible.
Determined Representation Across A Wide Variety Of Issues
Drawing on more than 15 years of legal experience, attorney Dominic Mastri has the knowledge to serve you in numerous areas of family law. The issues we most often manage are:
- Divorce — We will guide you through your dissolution of marriage with the process that’s most appropriate for your situation: no-fault, uncontested, contested, mediation or collaboration.
- Child custody — The law requires the court to make gender-neutral decisions based on the best interests of your children. We will advocate strongly to protect your parental rights and your children’s well-being.
- Child support — Although state guidelines govern basic child support, an experienced attorney can help ensure full financial disclosure and represent your interests in discretionary areas, such as private school tuition, expenses for enrichment activities, and the costs of a child’s special needs.
- Spousal support — Whether you pay alimony or receive payments, this is a key factor in your future financial security. We can press for fair and realistic support through negotiated settlements and at trial.
- Division of property — Pennsylvania follows the rules of equitable distribution that gives the court latitude to divide property in a manner that it finds fair. We can raise important facts for the court to consider in bringing about the most favorable result possible.
- Enforcement of divorce decrees — After your divorce is finalized, you may have to return to court to enforce the terms of your decree. We can advocate vigorously for the result you need.
- Relocation — Emotionally charged disputes often arise when a custodial parent proposes to move away with the children. Whether you are seeking or opposing the move, let us uphold your parental rights and the best interests of your children.
- Juvenile court representation — If your child has had a brush with the law, we have the right combination of family law and criminal law experience to represent your child effectively.
- Disability rights — If a member of your family has special needs, we can represent their interests in actions to obtain reasonable accommodations.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements — We help engaged and married couples negotiate and draft marital agreements that memorialize their property rights.
- Paternity — We help unwed parents establish paternity to obtain child support payments or visitation rights.
- Adoption — If you want to add a new member to your family or adopt a stepchild for inheritance purposes, we can help ensure that the process is permanent and legal.
Throughout the legal process, we will work closely with you, so you can have confidence that things are going to get better. Our goal is to take you from a place of worry and anxiety to a result that enables you to move forward, step by step, to a brighter future.
Contact Our Scranton Office Today
At Mastri Law LLC, we are committed to helping achieve your family law goals. We pride ourselves on our ability to provide thorough and timely answers to all your legal questions.