Effective & Caring Family Law Counsel
Most of us prefer to keep our private lives private. So, when a family problem becomes a legal issue, the staff at Mastri Law LLC knows how to protect your rights and your dignity. We treat our clients as we would want to be treated, giving them personal attention and taking a hands-on approach to solving their problems.
In family law cases, we listen to you, examine your situation, explain the law, provide options and describe potential outcomes. We will help you focus on pragmatic goals for the legal process and then pursue them vigorously. We will work together to deliver the best results possible.
Comprehensive Representation In Divorce, Custody And More
Drawing on more than 15 years of legal experience, attorney Dominic Mastri has the knowledge to serve you in numerous areas of family law. The issues we most often manage are:
- Divorce – We will guide you through your dissolution of marriage with the process that’s most appropriate for your situation: no-fault, uncontested, contested, mediation or collaboration.
- Child custody – The law requires the court to make gender-neutral decisions based on the best interests of your children. We will advocate strongly to protect your parental rights and your children’s well-being.
- Child support – Although state guidelines govern basic child support, an experienced attorney can help ensure full financial disclosure and represent your interests in discretionary areas, such as private school tuition, expenses for enrichment activities, and the costs of a child’s special needs.
- Spousal support – Whether you pay alimony or receive payments, this is a key factor in your future financial security. We can press for fair and realistic support through negotiated settlements and at trial.
- Division of property – Pennsylvania follows the rules of equitable distribution that gives the court latitude to divide property in a manner that it finds fair. We can raise important facts for the court to consider in bringing about the most favorable result possible.
- Enforcement of court decrees – After your divorce is finalized, you may have to return to court to enforce the terms of your decree. We can advocate vigorously for the result you need.
- Relocation – Emotionally charged disputes often arise when a custodial parent proposes to move away with the children. Whether you are seeking or opposing the move, let us uphold your parental rights and the best interests of your children.
- Juvenile court representation – If your child has had a brush with the law, we have the right combination of family law and criminal law experience to represent your child effectively.
- Disability rights – If a member of your family has special needs, we can represent their interests in actions to obtain reasonable accommodations.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements – We help engaged and married couples negotiate and draft marital agreements that memorialize their property rights.
- Paternity – We help unwed parents establish paternity to obtain child support payments or visitation rights.
- Adoption – If you want to add a new member to your family or adopt a stepchild for inheritance purposes, we can help ensure that the process is permanent and legal.
Throughout the legal process, we will work closely with you, so you know what is happening in your case throughout the duration of your case. Our goal is to take you from a place of worry and anxiety to a result that enables you to move forward, step by step, to a brighter future.
Contact Our Office Today To Learn More
To schedule a free initial consultation, just call 570-343-1111 or send us an email. Our office is in Scranton, Pennsylvania, in the historic Scranton Life Building.