You Have Options With Your Divorce
Divorce is a complex legal issue often further complicated by the range of emotions family members often feel. We have handled dozens of divorces since founding Mastri Law LLC here in Scranton. We see firsthand the impact they can have on clients and families and can help smoothly guide you through this life-changing process while protecting your legal rights and assets.
Couples who divorce must consider a number of additional issues besides the dissolution of a marriage, including property division, creating a family plan, custody, and financial support of your children. We provide guidance in these areas as well, properly preparing you for different legal issues that make sure your rights are protected in a Pennsylvania court of law.
Which Approach Is Right For You?
The dissolution of a marriage is as unique as the marriage itself, and there are two general approaches you can take:
Uncontested: This is when the couple searches for an equitable middle ground using a civil dialog. Reasons for choosing this include:
- The couple accompanied by their own attorneys can negotiate, or they utilize an impartial mediator who works with the parties to build consensus.
- The tone will be comfortable and constructive.
- This nonconfrontational approach often leads to less emotional trauma if there are children.
Contested: This is when issues are contentious or reach a point of stalemate. If this is the case, we are the firm that aggressively fights for your rights and legal goals in court and during negotiations. Reasons for choosing this include:
- You feel that your spouse is being unfair in their demands or even deceptive in their claims.
- We can meticulously scrutinize their claims and confirm or deny their accuracy.
- We can continue to negotiate for a more equitable arrangement.
- We let the court decide.
Contact Mastri Law LLC If You Are Considering Divorce
At Mastri Law LLC, we are committed to helping achieve your family law goals. We pride ourselves on our ability to provide thorough and timely answers to all your legal questions.