Experienced Divorce Representation
Divorce is a complex legal matter that can be further complicated by the range of emotions you are likely feeling right now. We have handled dozens of divorces since founding Mastri Law LLC here in Scranton. We see firsthand the impact they can have on clients and families, and we strive to smoothly guide you through this life-changing process while protecting your legal rights and assets.
Couples who divorce must consider a number of additional issues besides the dissolution of a marriage, including property division and custody and financial support of minor children. We offer guidance in these areas and ensure that your rights are protected in a Pennsylvania court of law.
Which Approach Is Right For You?
The dissolution of a marriage is as unique as the marriage itself, and there are two general approaches you can take:
Uncontested: This is when the couple can agree on most of the elements of their divorce.
- The couple accompanied by their own attorneys can negotiate the terms of the divorce, or use an impartial mediator who works to help the parties reach an agreement.
- The tone will be comfortable and constructive.
- This nonconfrontational approach less contentious and can reduce stress if the couple has children.
Contested: This is when issues are contentious or reach a point of stalemate. If this is the case, we are the firm that aggressively fights for your rights and legal goals in court and during negotiations. You may choose this route because you feel that your spouse is being unfair in their demands or even deceptive in their claims. In this situation, we will take the following actions:
- We can meticulously examine their claims.
- We can continue to negotiate for a more equitable arrangement.
- We let the court decide.
Contact Mastri Law LLC If You Are Considering Divorce
With an office in the historic Scranton Life Building, our firm is proud to serve clients in Scranton and surrounding areas of Pennsylvania. To take advantage of a free initial consultation, call us at 570-343-1111 or send us an email.